Week 8 Reading and Writing

So far, I like what I'm doing with my storybook project. I'm having a lot of fun writing it, and I've gotten good feedback from my classmates. I enjoy working on the project, so the writing and designing of the website is easy. It doesn't feel like work. However, this is not translating into my weekly stories. For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to write those stories. I like the ones that I've written so far, but I've only written 2 stories! I'm keeping up with the readings and making up the points with extra credit, or I'm doing a story lab. I don't know why I keep avoiding writing stories. I feel like I just don't have any good ideas that I'm wanting to write about. I also think that since I'm focusing on my storybook, writing extra stories doesn't sound like something I want to do. 
I am enjoying taking the reading notes though. I feel like it helps me focus on the story better and understand what I'm reading. I think that my story notes are helpful, but I'm just not writing enough stories with my notes!  I would like to try to write more stories as the semester continues. That's my goal!

To get more out of the class, I think I just need to participate more in the story writing! Everyone else in the class has more weekly stories than I do. I just need to budget more time in the week for story writing. I wait until last minute and then I feel like I don't have enough time to write a good story. Other than that, I feel pretty happy with my work in the class. I'm really looking forward to finishing my storybook!

Favorite Image: 

I picked this image because I like the colors and the art design. I just think it's a really pretty picture. I also like the story behind the picture. I think it's one of the most memorable moments in the Mahabharata for me! I found it funny that when they tried to remove her robes, more appeared! What a great trick:) 




Image Info:
Draupadi and Dushasan Scene
Posted by: Mahavir Prasad Mishra
Found on: Wikipedia

Comments

Popular Posts