Growth Mindset: TED Talk (Original Thinkers)


  •      

    Contemplation Series (2005)
  • Original thinkers: (are they procrastinators). That thing with nintendo is really funny. 
  • This guy never procrastinated!
  • Oh I like this idea! Procrastination is kinda a bad habit, but maybe it has a benefit?  
  • This guy is hilarious
  • I love that he had to make himself procrastinate 
  • Leo da vinci!!! procrastinator hahahah
  • Leaving yourself open for thinking- or inspiration (creativity)
  • Improvers! Google, Facebook
  • Should you feel doubt and fear? Originals feel doubt, but manage it differently 
  • I'm not crap, but my idea needs more work  (my draft is crap lol)
  • Fear inaction (try!)
  • Originals (have bad ideas!)-- they fail the most (because they try the most)
  • This was a really fun TED talk, and I agree with the sentiment. 
  • I feel like one of the best takeaways was DON'T be afraid to try! It's okay to fail, it helps you learn.  
    • Like growth mindset, it emphasizes effort. Originals work hard with their ideas, they don't just accept things the way they are
  • This was a good TED talk! I saved it to my "TED" files. It's definitely inspiring. I feel like I give things up before I even try them. A lot of the times, I have an idea that I like, but it never goes anywhere. I don't want to work on it unless I know I can do it perfectly. Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often. 
  • I realized that I need to take more risks and try new things more.
  • I need to experiment and find a challenge! (In storytelling and my other classes!)  

These are notes from this TED Talk: "The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers" 













Image Info:
"Contemplation Series (2005)" by Zid is licensed under CC BY-ND 4.0

Comments

Popular Posts