Wikipedia Trail: From Krishna to Merra


I started with an article about Krishna. The main reason I wanted to read this article is because I was thinking about writing one of my stories about him! He has some fun stories with his girlfriend/future love. I also liked his role in the Mahabharata!

Meerabai painting.jpgFrom there, I clicked on an article about Krishna Janmashtami. I originally clicked on this article because it had a cool picture of a statue. I'm also interested in festivals and religious holidays. I learned that this one is all about celebrating Krishna (which I figured from the name lol).

I then ended up on the page for Vrindavan. This is a religious/historical city in India. Apparently this is where Krishna spent most of his childhood. It has many temples that worship both Radha and Krishna. Lots of Hindus pilgrimage to this place every year (millions!).

The last page I went to was a page for Meera. She is a famous Hindu mystic poet and devotee of Krishna. She treated Krishna as if he was her husband. There are many poems celebrating Krishna, and she seems to be the author of a good number of them. She also has some temples that are dedicated to her memory!








Image Info: 
Painting of Merrabai 
Found on: Wikipedia 

Comments

Popular Posts