Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. I'm actually really enjoying the feedback I'm getting from classmates! Honestly, I didn't think that I would. It's fun to read what others think of my stories. It also helps me look for errors or inconsistencies in my writing. For example, I've never noticed how much I used "so". Another person pointed out that my intro and my story don't exactly match up together. When they pointed it out, I realized they were right, so now I can edit it. I enjoy getting positive feedback, but I also like feedback that helps me edit and improve my stories.

2. I think that my own feedback is okay. Since I'm trying to use similar feedback strategies (the WWW method), I feel like I'm saying the same things over and over. I also still feel back correcting other people's work-like is it okay to suggest an editing correction? I still like reading everyone's stories, but I feel more comfortable responding to their introductions more than their stories. I don't mind saying things that I like, but I still struggle with giving constructive criticisms.

3.  Yes! I do feel like I'm getting to know people through the blogs! I enjoy reading people's introductions and seeing all of their great pictures. I think that my introduction is okay, but after seeing everyone else's I think I could've added more personal information about myself. I felt like everyone had a good story to tell, but mine was more of a list of things I like lol. It's hard for me to write about myself kind of. I prefer to write stories.

4. I think that I need to try out different strategies for feedback. Since I'm sticking to WWW, most of my comments seem the same to me. I think I can trust look for new things to focus on. It would help me if other people pointed out things that they want from feedback. Maybe if they put a little note like "I had trouble with XXX" or "Please look at XXX part of my story". I think that would make people feel like their feedback is necessary and helpful!






5. I chose this image because I've learned how helpful feedback is! It's nice to receive constructive feedback on my stories. I feel like it truly makes them better. It also helps me look out for things in my future writings, like my use of "so".
Image:
Feedback Cats
Found on: Growthmindset Blog

Comments

Popular Posts