Introduction to an English education major (and Grey's Anatomy Addict)

Hello!

My name is Grayce, and I'm an English education major. I've always loved to read, but my love for writing is still a work in progress. I'm obsessed with finding new places to read. Comfy couches, quiet coffee shops, and small bakeries are my favorites. When the weather is nice, I like to read outside, usually under a tree. If you have any recommendations on reading spots, please let me know.

I come from a large family that includes 3 sisters and 2 brothers (not including step siblings). My large family also includes 4 family dogs. I love them all and will share some of my best photos of them in this post. Scroll down to see!
 I grew up surrounded by younger siblings (I’m the second oldest), and I think that’s why I want to be a teacher. I’ve been helping with homework since I was 13 and I love the feeling of sharing knowledge and advice.

I would also like to include some of my favorite things. I am currently obsessed with Grey's Anatomy. I'm watching for the first time on Netflix. I'm only on season 11, but I'm hoping to be caught up by the end of the semester. No spoilers please! I’m also into You (the show), Friends, and The Office. I’m really bad at watching new shows and listening to new music. I find comfort in things that I have seen or listened to a million times. I would consider this a character flaw, but I don’t see it changing anytime soon. Weirdly, this doesn’t apply to books. I love reading new literature!

Since I'm and English major I will include some of my recent favorite books. They constantly change with my moods and the season, but right now I consider Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys and I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson to be my favorites.

Now for the fun part: DOG PICTURES. 


Meet Gypsy (The Queen):


     (Image Info: personal photo of my dog, Gypsy)



Daisy (she always looks shook):  


(Image Info: personal photo of my dog, Daisy)


Archie (The Cute One):  


(Image Info: personal photo of my dog, Archie)

Henry (The Baby):


(Image Info: personal photo of my dog, Henry)




Comments

  1. Yay for English education, Grayce! I am so happy to see education majors in these classes, mostly because I am a serious enthusiast for online education... but #BeyondLMS is one of my Twitter hashtags because I think we have to get out of the LMS for learning to really happen online, and I will be so curious to know what you think about that too as the semester progresses.
    And your dogs are adorable! So much personality; the picture of Daisy is my favorite of the photos (I look shook in most photos too, ha ha). They are all such cuties! Maybe they will show up as characters in your stories. There's a cat version of Star Trek by Jenny Parks ... maybe your dogs could be four dog heroes living out some epic adventures of their own, inspired by the epic adventures of the Indian heroes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grayce! I think it's really neat that you're a book fanatic. I love to read, but it seems like I always find other things to do when I eventually have free time for work and school. Hearing about all of your favorite places to read really makes me want to get back into it. Reading under a tree sounds so nice, especially in the spring. It's awesome that you want to be a teacher; I can tell you are passionate about it and I think those teachers are the best kind. It's good to know that there will continue to be passionate and caring teachers in the future :) Your dogs are adorable by the way! I look forward to reading your stories as the semester continues.

      Delete
  3. Grayce,

    YAY for there being so many ELA education majors in this class! I am so glad we get to do so much together! I totally agree with you on still warming up to writing. But I LOVE reading, I wish I had more time for it! I am also a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy, though I'm not super happy with all the choices the writers are making this season. I am looking forward to taking this class with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grayce,

    First off, your dogs are so cute! I have a little pomeranian and he's already a handful, I can't imagine having to take care of 3 other dogs on top of him. I also come from a pretty big family, 2 older sisters and 2 younger sisters, so I get what you mean by that feeling you get from sharing knowledge with your younger siblings through homework help. That's a big reason why I am working as a tutor right now! I'm unfortunately not an education major though but it was definitely something I considered when I was coming to OU. Hope you have a nice day and it was cool getting to read about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome you feel so strongly about teaching. We need good devoted teachers. It is very inspiring to hear! I only have 1 sister and I bet it is. Great having such a large family. My boyfriend has 7 sibling and I feel like I have more siblings now and love it! I watched Grey's anatomy until George died and then I couldn’t do it. I was too angry! I love things that I have seen before! I have seen How I Met Your Mother 9 times through. Also, I LOVE the puppy pictures. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grayce! I think it's awesome that you're an education major and you're so passionate about the subject. It'll be so much more enjoyable for the students to learn through a teacher who loves the subject. I bet having so many siblings was so hectic. I only have 2, but I had friends with 5 or 6 siblings and I felt like there was never a dull moment at their house. Also, all your dogs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts