Learning Challenge: Reading about Binge Watching!

These notes are based off of this article: "Get Off the Couch Baby Boomers, Or You May Not Be Able to Later" 


  • It's asking me to count the hours that I sit. It's a lot lol.
  • They say about 13-14 hours a day are spent sitting for most people. That's pretty true for me on school days
  • They say it can affect how well you get around when you're older
  • I don't want to have trouble walking when I get old!
  • Too bad I have to study all the time!
  • This article is specifically about binge watching though- it makes a good point that you can watch TV legit without moving! 
  • You can even scroll the internet while watching TV! 
  • Looks like 5 or more hours of TV can give you a bigger risk of decreased mobility.  
    • I should shoot for less than 2 hours of TV- that's hardly anything! 
    • It has a good idea also, every 30 minutes, you should get up and move (or do activity while watching!) I like both of those ideas.
  • This sounds like a lot of it is for older people lol, but it's probably good for all ages. Like preventative.
  • I really do need to exercise more for sure. This article reminds me of that. 
  • I'm currently watching TV, writing this post and playing on Sims! So many things while sitting. But I need to go walk or go for a jog.
  • You never really notice how much you don't move until someone points it out, but it's really sad kind of. TV and computers really cut down on active time!
  • I'm excited for the summer so i can work on getting out more!

Image result for couch binge watching




Image Information:
Binge Watching, Netflix
Found on: KawarthaNOW.com 

Comments

Popular Posts