Learning Challenge: Read about Reading!

For this challenge, I'm reading this article: "Why You Should Surround Yourself With More Books Than You'll Ever Have Time to Read"





I wanted to read this article because I want to make myself feel better about how many books I have!  I love collecting books, but since I'm an English major, most of my reading is for class. I have piles and piles of books that are on my "to read" list.  I've always wanted a huge library, like the one in the picture.

Notes:
  • Bill Gates says the best way to get smarter is to read!
  • It's hard to picture not learning, because college makes you learn.
  • They are saying that the book-the collection of ones you haven't read, make you intellectually hungry (I like that term!) 
  • It makes you curious
  • "Read books are far less valuable than unread ones" -I can see how that would be true
  • Libraries should have what you want to learn
  • They say it gives you humility- it keeps you humble to be surrounded by all of the things you don't know. Again, this is a great way to look at a collection of books
  • Even a to-read list is okay!
I have always had anxiety about my list of books to read and all of the unread stacks of books that I own. There's no way anyone can read all of the books that they want to (wish makes me sad!). But I like the idea that they are still useful, even if you don't read them. They remind you of everything that you still have to learn, and still need to experience. I mostly read stories--but stories teach you things as well. When life feels boring, maybe I'll just crack open one of my (many) unread books



Image Information:
Large Library Collection
Found On: All4Desktop

Comments

Popular Posts