Tech Tip: DuckDuckGo

I'm actually surprised that I haven't heard of this website before! From the Wiki page, it looks like it is pretty popular. It also has great reviews on Google Chrome. Honestly, I've gotten tired of ads on Google, and I hate the feeling of someone watching me. That's how Google makes me feel sometimes! I search a question, then I get an email about other searches, or ads, or a YouTube recommendation, etc. Lately, I think it's been getting worse. Now Google recommends me places to eat based on where I already eat. I mean, it's convenient at times, but it is also very very creepy. I like the idea behind DuckDuck, I did install it, but I think it might take a bit of time to get used to. It seems like it has less features than Google, but maybe that's a good thing! It seems relaxing to use the search engine. It does have a lot of things going on in the pages besides the links to the websites. I'm excited to see if it can replace Google for me!

Comments

Popular Posts