Storybook Plan

My storybook will be a love advice column written by Kamadeva and Rati. This will be sort of like an anthology of advice. Different couples will write in questions, and Kamadeva and Rati will answer. I'm thinking about 3 different stories, since each story will involve quite a bit of writing. The questions bit will basically be a retelling of the classic stories in the epics. The replies will be a mix of my own ideas of how the story should go, and how the story really plays out in the epics. Mostly, I want to find out more about the relationships between the couples in the epics and the crazy situations they find themselves in.  Everyone has a complicated love life! So it's a fun plot to explore. The pages of the storybook will be titled with an excerpt of the question and a silly little nickname for the character that writes the question! 

My main stories will be:

Ahalya/Gautama/Indra -  This story will focus on in infidelity in relationships. How should you react to your partner cheating? (Turn them invisible??) What should you do if you meet someone that's already in a committed relationship?  (Disguise yourself and seduce them?) 

Sources:

 


Krishna/Radha (should a playboy settle down?) (how to woo a playboy?)

Sources: 




Rama/Sita: Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with this pairing. There are so many good stories about them. I think I'll focus on Sita/Rama after Ravana is defeated and they return to the kingdom. I would like to give Sita some advice on the whole exile situation. 

Sources:




Comments

Popular Posts