Topic Research: Love Advice (From Kamadeva?)

For this project, I'm planning on creating a love advice column or website. Characters/couples from the Ramayana or other Indian epics will send in questions (stories) about their relationships and I will write a reply with some advice. The advice might fit in with the story and how it's resolved or it might differ. I think that I will write as Kamadeva and possibly Rati (different perspectives). For this, I need to be familiar with couples in the epics and probably the story of Kamadeva and Rati.

Story idea #1: 


The first couple that I would like to explore would be Ahalya and Gautama. I read this story in the Ramayana earlier this week. I don't know if they are considered a major couple, but they definitely have some issues. For this story, I could either write from Ahalya's POV or Gautama's. If I wrote from Ahalya's perspective  it will focus on being attracted to Indra (in my version she would know). If it was Gautama's POV, the question would focus on finding out about an affair. I could also do this from Indra's POV! That might be fun also. So many ideas!





Story Idea #2: 

For this story, I'm not sure If I would use a "couple" but, I would like to explore more about Krishna. From this source: Archer. Loves of Krishna  it looks like Krishna has a lot of romance going on. Is he a bit of a playboy?? I could focus on Radha/ Krishna, since their story looks a bit complicated (why didn't they marry?). Either way, I would tell the story from Krishna's POV. I need to read more about his relationships and story arch. I think I will find out more while reading the Mahabharata. 

Story Idea #3: 

The other couple I would have on my page will be Rama and Sita. Their story is fun and wild that they have to be in the project! The only issue I have with this couple is I don't know what kind of issue in the relationship I should focus on. I write from Sita's POV and focus on her choice to go with Rama into exile. I could also write from Rama's perspective. Maybe I could focus on their first meeting, and give advice on how to woo a pretty lady. There are a ton of different moments I could use from the Ramayana. One idea would be to focus on this story: Rama Wins Sita. I could have Rama ask for advice, and the advice will lead him to compete in the challenge to win Sita's hand in marriage. 

Image Info: 

"Ahalya Indravalokan" by Raja Ravi Varma (Ahalya plucking a flower, Indra flying on a horse in the background)
Found on: Wikipedia 

Comments

Popular Posts