Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues- Part B

General Notes:


  • The art work is really nice. Even during the intermission. 
  • I'm surprised that it's a free movie- I need to look into the artist and the movement she seems to be supporting. Free art? 
  • Back in New York!
  • Oh no. Dave is a jerk. I totally saw that coming tho. Men are jerks, no surprise there. 
  • The dancing animation and music is so cool!
  • I love the different versions of the same story.
  • In our version of the story, I don't remember the laundry man they mention.   
  • Their story is really a type of break-up/melodrama story
  • Stand up for your girl, Rama! Even the god's had Sita's back.
  • So Sita told the story to Valmiki- and he wrote the Ramayana. I missed that detail.
  • Omg, I love this Rama song. Haha
  • I like that they point out that Sita has her flaws. Should she be this devoted to a guy that doesn't seem to care for her?? Nahhhh.  
  • Oh yeaahh! The earth opens up and takes her lol
  • This is a crazy story. So much fun
  • I do wish that they spent more time on the end of the story

Some Thoughts:

I enjoyed this telling. It depicted Rama as I saw him, he's a little bit of a jerk. Sita is always devoted to him, but he never stands up for her or puts her first. The story is fun and interesting, but Rama is not perfect. He's heroic, but he for sure doesn't deserve Sita! She's too good for him. 




Image Info:
Ravana Sita Painting
Nina Paley 
Found on: Wikipedia 

Comments

Popular Posts