My Feedback Thoughts

The first article that I read is called "Why Understanding These Four Types of Mistakes Can Help us Learn"

This article was about how different types of mistakes can be helpful. They describe the mistakes based on why they were made and how important those mistakes can be. One of the most important things I got from the article was the importance of reflecting on the mistake. For every type of mistake, the writer explained that thinking about the mistake and why it was made is important in the learning. According to the article, we should ask ourselves why we made the mistake, how we can learn from the mistake, and how to avoid a similar mistake in the future. For me, I have always hated making mistakes. I don't like to think about them after I have made mistakes. Whether the mistake is on a school paper (bad grade) or in life (problems with relationships), I tend to avoid thinking about the mistake. I just don't want to think about it happening at all. I think that I need to try reflecting on my mistakes. Not in a harsh way, but in a constructive way. Mistakes are a part of learning, so I need to become more comfortable with making them.    

The other article that I read is called, "6 Hidden Downsides of Perfectionism" 

I read this article, because I do think I am a bit of a perfectionist. I don't think I'm as bad as what was being described in the article, but there are things that I need to work on. I hate starting projects that I think I will do poorly on. The first thing that the article talks about is procrastination. If I don't think I can do a project well, I will avoid it until it must be done. Another thing that the article mentions is the inability to let go. For me, this includes letting other people take over projects or sharing the work. I'm one of those group members that will do everything instead of letting others help. I'm trying to get over this. I want to hand everything in on time, and I want to get A's on every subject. Last semester, I got a B in a subject, and it wasn't the end of the world. I'm slowly learning that getting A's does not mean you are perfect. Similarly, B's and C's don't mean you're a bad student. The grade is arbitrary. What is important is learning from the classes and enjoying them. By the time I graduate OU, I want to learn how to relax! It's okay for me not to work so hard.  This semester, I want to work on not avoiding mistakes and feedback. I want to learn to accept them and learn how to grow from them. Wish me luck! 

Image Information:
Posted by Laura Gibbs
Made with cheezburger


Comments

Popular Posts