Time Strategies

Time management is one of the things that I struggle with. I would definitely call myself a chronic procrastinator. One of the articles (How to Beat Procrastination) had a good tip. It suggested to question yourself on why you are putting off a task. I know that I tend to put off tasks that I think are hard or that I feel stuck on. This usually centers around writing papers. I love to do reading assignments, so I never put those off. When it comes to essay writing though, I always put them off until the last minute. It just seems like an overwhelming amount of work. Instead of sitting and brainstorming, I avoid it entirely. I think that once I realize that I'm avoiding a task because I'm scared to do poorly, I might be more willing to work on it.  I think I might be okay for this class, because it seems like everything is a step-by-step process. It's not one big assignment that I can put off until the day before it's due. The way the class is set up makes it seem manageable instead of overwhelming. One of the articles (11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time)  suggested having rituals in the morning/during free time. That way you have something to look forward to during the day while working. I feel like one of my issues is that I waste my free time by sitting around/doing nothing. Then, I feel like I have to have more free time, because I didn't really do anything worthwhile.  If I plan something that I enjoy for my free time, I might be more willing to get work done. My strategy for this semester is to try and do little pieces of work at at time. Maybe read one chapter instead of the whole book in 1 day. Write 2 pages a day instead of 12 pages in 2 days. I hope that following my class schedule for this class will help me stick to that!















These are the articles that I read:

How to Beat Procrastination 

11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time 










Tomorrow
Image Information:  
I'll do it tomorrow
"Tomorrow" by seaternity is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0



Comments

Popular Posts