Some Beach, Any Beach: My Favorite Place

I didn't see the ocean until I was 20 years old. When I finally made it to Fort Morgan, Alabama, I was immediately in love. The entire town smelled fresh and slightly salty.  When I finally stepped foot on the sand, it burned my feet. The rest of the week was filled with family, too much rum, and sunburn. It was the best time of my 20's. 
Maybe that's why I'm so in love with the beach. I love to sit on the shore and think/read. The ocean breeze and the sound of rushing waves seems to heal me and bring me peace. I've never been to a beach that I haven't loved. I've been to beaches in the Pacific Northwest (cold), and the Southeast (hot!). I've enjoyed them both. Sadly, Oklahoma is landlocked, so I have to make sure I visit at least once a year. This summer, I hope to find myself on a beach (any beach) in Europe.   











Image Information: "Gulf Shores Alabama Beach" photographed by John Tuggle (2010)
Source: Flickr

Comments

  1. I hope you will find your way to a beach this summer too, Grayce! And there are some amazing beaches in India too as you can imagine: Best Beaches in India ... I wish we could magically take a trip to Goa or Kerala for this class and enjoy some epic beach adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts