Topic Brainstorm for Project

Possible Topic #1: Love Stories

I enjoy love/relationship drama. I think that doing a project about the couples in the Indian epics would be a fun topic. Apparently, some of the relationships can get a little bit complicated. I really don't know anything about the characters yet. I will need to read their stories and read about their relationships.  I would also like to learn about other iconic relationships in the epics. One of the major ones is Rama/Sita. This is one source that I found that tells their story:  UMSL, The story of Rama and Sita. I thought that I could make some kind of love/relationship advice column. I could write the couples asking for advice (telling their side of the story), and then add another character (maybe  Kamaveda?) or just myself replying to their message.  I would focus on the issues/problems that the couples face and how they should resolve them.

Possible Topic #2: Family Drama!
I found this one while browsing thorough the list of topics. This is similar to my first topic, since it would be heavy on the drama. Family relationships and dynamics are always interesting. I don't know anything about Dasharatha, but he apparently comes from a large family. I would need to read about  Dasharatha and his many wives. I could also learn about his children to build ideas. Maybe I could do some kind of Dasharatha and The Bachelor crossover, where the wives must compete to win his love. This is a comic book that I could read that would help with my research: Dasharatha: The Story of Rama's Father 

Possible Topic #3:  Devi- The Goddess

I think this topic would be fun because there isn't much about Devi in the epics. She seems like a minor character. It would be cool to make up stories about her or maybe find a way to make her feature in the Ramayana or the Mahabharata. Since she doesn't feature much in these stories, I would need to do more outside research on the goddess. I'm not sure how I would pull together a bunch of stories together yet, but I think that the more I research, the more ideas I will think of. Maybe I could do a project that focuses on the different goddesses/females in the epics.  These comic books from Bizzell look promising! (Temples of India)

Possible Topic #4: Ganesha
I just found out about Ganesha. A elephant-headed god sounds pretty cool. I would like to learn more about this god. Since he wrote the Mahabharata, I would enjoy writing from his point of view. Maybe I can do his point of view of the Ramayana. Maybe he could write a fairy tale book or tell stories about himself and his adventures. Maybe he can write a guide book for surviving life with gods or goddesses. Either way, I would need to research Ganesha and read the Mahabharata. I don't know anything about this character, but I could start with this video:  Lord Ganesha.



Image Information: 
"An Image Collage of Hindu deity Rama" by Ms.Sarah Welch
Found on Wikimedia 

Comments

Popular Posts