Growth Mindset for a Future Educator

This article interested me because I want to learn how to utilize growth mindset when I become a teacher. I think that learning more about growth mindset will help me personally, and allow me to help my students enjoy my classroom more. I read the article titled, "Open Your Door: Why We Need To See Each Other Teach"  

Notes for article:
+Teaching with the door open instead of closed. I think this is funny, because as I student teacher, I will have to teach while being observed. It's nice to know that even experienced teachers find this stressful. It's hard to relax when you feel like you're being judged for everything you do.
+This article argues that letting peers observe you (and observing others) can be helpful and preferable. 
+I like that this says that being perfect can make other people like you less lol. Failing is human, we all can relate to it. It allows people to be vulnerable with each other. 
+This makes me realize how important and helpful student teaching will be. Lately, I been worried about it (it's scary), but getting to watch other teachers and having them watch me should be a positive thing. It's a learning experience!

This article made me think about how I will be as a teacher. For the first couple of years, I won't really know what's going on lol. I won't be good at (I hate not being good at things)! I think asking other teachers to observe me (or asking to observe them) might help me get better, faster. I'm curious about how other teachers feel about peer review in their classrooms. I've never seen other teachers do this, but I should check out Pineapple Charts (mentioned in the article). It would be one way to work with feedback and viewing as helpful instead of as an attack.




Image Information:
"The Educator and the Growth Mindset Info Graphic" 
Made by Jackie Gerstein E.d 
Found on: Wordpress

Comments

Popular Posts