My Storybook Favorites

These are my favorites from the projects I looked at: 

Storybook 1: "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Missing River"

The reason I like this project is the idea behind it. The author of the story basically made a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction (I love fanfics!) based on The Ramayana. I think that it’s such a cool way to tell the story of The Ramayana. Holmes is one of the most recognizable characters of Western storytelling and merging it with a classic Indian epic is such a cool idea. I think that it would inspire people to learn more about The Ramayana or India. The author also included links to the original epics/stories, which I think is helpful for the audience if they want to learn more. The project also uses some cool images on the page, including the title page which looks like this:


Image Information:

Taken from: storybook project

Edited using Picasa 

Original Image Source: National Geographic

Storybook 2:  "Supernatural Women"


This project appealed to me immediately, mostly from the title. I love stories about women, especially supernatural women. The author is focusing on telling stories about the forgotten women (lesser known) in Indian Epics. I like that the author created stories to flesh out some interesting sounding characters. This took a different approach from the first storybook, it focuses more heavily on characters from the epics. I like both approaches to the project.  I also liked how the author left some author notes with their stories. They explained how they related to the original story and how they felt about their new story. I think that’s a smart way to interact with the audience and other classmates. Since bloggers don’t interact face-to-face, it could be hard to get the author’s perspective/thoughts through stories alone. I noticed that the other projects all included these notes, so it must be a requirement!

Storybook 3:  "Maha Shiva and The Epics"



This website was not done using google sites. I love the layout and look of the website. It looks like this website (Wixsite), allows more creativity and more options. This project is also unique in the point of view that it takes. In this project, the stories are told in first person, from the voice of Lord Shiva. Starting with the introduction, it’s like Lord Shiva is talking and telling the stories. It’s like the god is teaching the audience about himself and the human forms that he has taken. There looks like there is a lot of good information on the pages, so it looks like you could learn a lot from the website. 



Comments

Popular Posts